Wednesday 22 February 2012

My Journey: Sports modelling.....not so easy!

My Training Goals, Ambitions, Journey to the Stage: Alice Round


Me training hard at our amazing facililty Shredded Strength Institute www.shredded.com.au

As a coach I am always telling my clients how important it is to set goals, have dreams and focus on staying motivated and on track. This goes for myself as well I believe that you must practice what you preach and in saying this I have always applied this to my athletics and sprinting. This season I had a few hiccups and injured my hamstring with chronic tendinitis which has thrown off the whole season, yes it was frustrating but I thought I would set my sights on something new.

Inspiration!

I decided to compete in the IFBB Bikini/Sports Model 2012 competition on March the 10th. I have never ever ‘dieted’ but always eaten clean, healthy and watched my portions (although I do enjoy my occasional dark chocolate, which is something I miss the most and had to get my family/loved ones to hide from me!), I thought it would be a great opportunity to see how I could transform my body by making some adjustments to my training and nutrition. The training would be completely different from speed/performance training and the nutrition would be a lot more specific and rigid but I decided it would also be a great opportunity to challenge myself not only in the gym but mentally.
8 Weeks out 
3 Weeks out
10 Weeks of strict eating and disciplined training would be my goal, I initially thought sports modeling was not a sport but something vein and a bit superficial, bit of a spray tan, dieting and a nice bikini, easy I thought! Think again, 2 weeks out from the competition now and I now have a new found respect for any person who commits to any type of modeling competition whether it be bodybuilding, figure or sports modeling, you truly do train like an athlete. Specific training times, double day training, specific meal times, food preparation is paramount, appropriate supplement protocols, fluid intake/hydration, lots of sleep to allow for mental focus and energy in training as well as posing practice in super high uncomfortable heels with your butt hanging out a very small bikini, no its not easy! 

Throw in training 30-40 clients a week, university and managing clients nutrition and a social life (my poor boyfriend has to deal with my emotional turmoil at times and also test taste recipes for my blog that are off my food lists at the moment!) It is hard work and dedication, but in life you must challenge yourself to grow, to achieve and to succeed. In saying this I love what I do and I am really starting to notice the changes in shape and definition in my body, It is amazing what you can achieve if you set your mind to it, yes there will be mental hiccups along the road but its overcoming those and looking at the successes and focusing on the end point that will get you through. I couldn't do this alone it helps to have great support around you, surrounding yourself with positive people like my Coach Kelly Martinovich, clients and co-workers at shredded as well as my ever patient boyfriend :)


17 Days to go! Support my journey and all the other dedicated athletes!

MOTIVATION MEANS

No comments:

Post a Comment