Sunday 12 August 2012

SUPER FOOD BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE

CHEAT MEAL: BLUEBERRY GUILT FREE CHEESECAKE 
(Gluten free, optional dairy free)



When I'm doing competition preparation I allow myself a cheat meal once a week to make myself feel a bit more sane and often social! As I become close to competition time I try to clean up my cheat meals, I still indulge but aim for more natural alternatives, less processed foods and no added sugar. I tend to make my own clean cheats or venture to somewhere out where I know there will be delicious tasty clean meals that I still feel are indulgent, such as the new raw kitchen in Perth or my favourite Japanese restaurant are often options. 

I decided this week so attempt my own clean cheat meal recipe: Using my super food of the week: Blueberries!!! (will be posting more about the benefits of blueberries in a new blog post) YUMMM so here is the much anticipated recipe! Please note, I'm not saying this is the healthiest meal and should be eaten in moderation although it is all healthy, good natural fats and clean foods it is still slightly high in fat but no added sugar or colours/un-natural flavourings :) I have also been experimenting with raw foods and although this is not all raw ingredients it contains a lot of fantastic raw ingredients with the addition of some increased to increase the protein and lower the fat content.

RECIPE:

Base:
1/4 cup grated coconut
3/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup vanilla protein (I used vanilla proto whey BNRG)
3/4 cup oats (gluten free or quinoa flakes)
5-6 Dates diced
tsp cinnamon
dash salt
1/4 cup melted coconut oil

Method:
Melt coconut oil and blend all ingredients in a blender until combined, press into a pan and place in freezer while preparing top.

































Filling:
2.5 cups soaked cashews overnight
1 lemon rind only
3 cups blueberries
1 cup rasberries
Tsp vanilla essence/extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Scoops vanilla casein (or use raw vegan protein powder if prefer)
tsp vanilla stevia (optional)
3 tsp stevia/natvia
200g cottage cheese (optional if want dairy free add more protein powder)
1/4 cup shredded coconut

Method:
First drain cashews. Place in blender/mixer with everything except shredded coconut and blend for 5-10 minutes until a smooth consistency. Mix in coconut.


Pour on top of chilled based and set in fridge/freezer overnight.



ENJOY!!!! Remember this is a clean chat meal and should be enjoyed in moderation serves approx. 15 if you can control yourself :)
Alice xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment